Sonderforschungsbereich 768: Subproject A4
Increased price, time and pressure of competition and the growing demand for individualized service drives manufacturing companies to evolve their business models towards providing solutions for specific customer needs. These solutions often consist of technical products, software and services which are characterized by high complexity, tense integration of different components and different life cycles of individual components. The integrated development of such product service systems (PSS) is often based on a complex set of requirements, which is subject to cyclical changes over time. The structured, cycle-aware management of requirements is therefore crucial for the success of a PSS.
The Collaborative Research Centre SFB 768 “Managing cycles in innovation processes” devotes its efforts to improve innovation processes for integrated goods and services based on technical products. The principal aim of the Collaborative Research Centre is to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of these innovation processes. This is a major challenge of companies in the manufacturing sector.
The long-term objective of subproject A4 is to develop a methods and tools in order to facilitate collaborations during requirements management of PSS. The results must provide mechanisms with which heterogeneous stakeholders of PSS development would be able to manage the requirements collaboratively during innovation cycles of PSS.
- Reference model for tracing requirements among the models
- Cross-disciplinary modelling framework that enables sharing and editing models from different domains
- Taxonomy of conflicting elements during requirements-driven collaborations
- A tool for identifying conflicts among the requirements
- Analysis of existing approaches and tools for collaborative requirements management
- Developing methods for collaborative requirements management
- Developing a tool for facilitating collaborative requirements management during PSS development
- Evaluation of the approach and tool
- Increasing the efficiency of collaborations in PSS innovation cycles
- Decreasing conflicts, costs and times required to develop a PSS
- Institute of Product Development (Subprojects A2, A10, B1, C2, T1)
- Chair for Information Systems (Subprojects A4, C1)
- Institute of Industrial Management and Assembly Technologies (Subprojects B3, B4, T2)
- Institute of Machine Tools and Manufacturing Technology (Subproject B5)
- Chair for Technology and Innovation Management (Subprojects C3, C5)
- Institute of Automatic Control (Subprojects A3, A7)
- Institute of Automation and Information Systems (Subprojects A6, MGK, Z)