AI25 - Automotive Initiative 2025
The future of Germany as a production location lies in linking manufacturing expertise with the potential of digital technologies. The factory of the future will become the center for the production of data, information, and knowledge. However, the transformation of existing and proven production structures poses a major challenge.
Considering or reorganizing existing dependencies and requirements increases the complexity of digital transformation. In addition to the development of technical infrastructure and competencies, successful digital transformation also requires a suitable organizational embedding with modified processes. Achieving this organizational embedding in turn requires the design of a comprehensive change process.
AI25 has set out to become the leading competence cluster for digital transformation in manufacturing. With our unique ecosystem of scientific excellence, leading technology partners and premium automotive expertise in the region of Heilbronn, AI25 thinks ahead to the digital future of - automotive production.
AI25's topics focus on the digital transformation of production and supply chain. As a pioneer of Industry 5.0, AI25 considers the digital transformation through a holistic approach in the dimensions People | Technology | Organization.
AI25 pursues the joint development and implementation in concrete fields of action. We classify these fields of action according to a three-layered model:
- At the macro level, AI25 addresses strategic issues of digital transformation and the development of a digital transformation culture.
- At the meso level, AI25 focuses on integrated process chains. This includes issues of data management, process automation and platform integration as well as the resulting requirements for people, organization and technology.
- At the micro level, possible solutions for the digital automotive production of the future are anticipated using the example of concrete use cases.
AI25 is characterized by a clear link to actual needs, with AUDI’s factory in Neckarsulm serving as a real-world laboratory for digital transformation in manufacturing. The most important, overarching principle is the holistic view of digital transformation consisting of people, organization and technology. Through the planned interdisciplinary and collaborative approach, employees at all levels shall become active shapers of digital transformation processes. The scale of AI25’s network consisting of automotive manufacturers, IT companies and science is unique to date and offers manifold opportunities for innovation.
- AUDI AG
- Amazon Web Services Inc.
- Capgemini Deutschland GmbH
- Fraunhofer-Institut für Arbeitswirtschaft und Organisation IAO
- SAP SE & Co. KG
- Technische Universität München
- XL2 GmbH