Participants learn the basics of medical applications in minimally invasive image guided surgery and related hybrid imaging. They gain the knowledge to understand the complex medical environment as well as its challenges in order to improve these procedures (including logistics and imaging in the operating theatre of the future). With knowledge about technology and algorithm they can model and master complex solutions. Besides the medical and technical knowledge, definition of clinical, technical projects in the field of intra operative imaging and navigation for minimal invasive surgery is the core focus during the course. Exposure to real world problems makes this a unique setup for modeling and implementing creative solutions.
Application oriented course that starts at the actual medical application (with an interface to the department at a hospital) with limited technical background, then goes back to the theory of medical imaging and navigation in order to finally being able to apply this newly acquired knowledge for the creation of innovative approaches in medical imaging and image guided interventions. Lecture: • Basics of selected medical applications in surgery and interventional radiology • Basics of intra-operative imaging and navigation • Critical analysis of existing interventional imaging and minimal invasive surgery procedures and identification of innovation potential using knowledge of preoperative, diagnostic imaging and interventional navigation techniques.
- How is the procedure performed at the moment?
- How is the procedure and associated data recorded and how is the outcome of the procedure documented?
- How are data/information presented and how is the user interaction?
- Which tools are used?
- What is the workflow and the surgical process model?
- Can the procedure (including patient and therapy logistics) be improved using imaging and navigation and their correct representation (quality assurance, safety, speed, ...)?
CAMP 1 (mandatory), CAMP 2 (optional but auxiliary)
Image Guided Surgery (IN2286)
|Language of instruction||English|
|Position within curricula||See TUMonline|
Note: Register through TUMonline