Prof. Gudrun Klinker, Ph.D.
Technical University of Munich
Informatics 16 - Associate Professorship of Augmented Reality (Prof. Klinker)
85748 Garching b. München
- Phone: +49 (89) 289 - 18215
- Office hours: nach Vereinbarung (email an firstname.lastname@example.org)
Secretary: Christa Hoff
Tel: +49 (89) 289-19579
- Industrial Ubiquitous Augmented Reality.
See FAR for details and a large number of AR-based projects.
- Extra-curricular activities
- Special programs for excellent students (Joint Advanced Student School, St. Petersburg (Jass 04, Jass 05,Jass 07))
- Projects with children (Mädchen machen Technik (MMT), "Es rappelt in der Kiste!" Ostern und Pfingsten 06 im Deutschen Museum)
- Visit by the 11th grade of the Gymnasium Grafing (May 2007)
- Projects prior to joining Technische Universität München
- Recent interview (in German) in the alpha-forum of BR-alpha about Augmented Reality and applications, such as museum guides, chemistry, sports commentations, and computer games (podcast, July 2013)
Available Student Projects (Bachelor and Master Theses)
see list on TUM Wiki
- Robert Sauer-Preis der Bayerischen Akademie der Wissenschaften (Dec. 2010).
- ISMAR 10 Years Lasting Impact Award 2014 in recognition of important contributions and the impact of the IWAR/ISAR/ISMAR publications between 1998 and 2004 (esp. for "Fata Morgana - A Presentation System for Product Design", ISMAR 2002 and for "Augmented Maintenance of Powerplants: A Prototyping Case Study of a Mobile AR System", ISAR 2001).
- IEEE VR Lifetime Achievement Award 2022 in recognition of her lifetime contributions to the development of ubiquitous augmented systems (dedication).
- Inaugural member of the IEEE VGTC Virtual Reality Academy (2022)
The Virtual Reality Academy was founded during the IEEE VR 2022 conference. It highlights the accomplishments of the world-wide leaders in the fields of Virtual and Augmented Reality. It The inaugural class comprises 49 members. Gudrun Klinker is, with Prof. Dr. Bernd Fröhlich from the Bauhaus-University Weimar, one of just two German members appointed to the Academy.