Prof. Dr. Cristina Piazza
Neuroprosthetics and Human-Centered Robotics Lab
Institut für Informatik - I16
Technische Universität München
85748 Garching bei München, Germany
Room: MI 03.13.061
Secretary: Christa Hoff
Phone: +49 (89) 289-17058
Prof. Piazza received a B.Sc. in Biomedical Engineering, a M.S. in Automation and Robotics Engineering and a PhD degree in Robotics (summa cum laude, 2019) from the University of Pisa (Italy).
She subsequently moved to Chicago (USA) where she worked as a postdoctoral researcher at the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Northwestern University and the Regenstein Foundation Center for Bionic Medicine, Shirley Ryan AbilityLab (former Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago).
Since November 2020, Prof. Piazza is assistant professor at TUM.
The research activity of Professor Piazza focuses on the areas of bionic prostheses and assistive robotics.
Her main research interests include:
- the study of human movement
- the design of bionic prostheses and wearable devices based on soft robotics technologies
- the development of advanced control algorithms
- the development of innovative assessments for upper limb rehabilitation using emerging technologies, such as virtual reality
We are actively looking for highly qualified and motivated researchers to join our group.
Interested? If you wish to apply for a PhD or PostDoc position, please send an email to Cristina Piazza, including the following information:
- A letter motivating the application for this position (cover letter)
- An up-to-date, detailed curriculum vitae (CV)
- The names of three people who could provide references
- (if applicable) A list of relevant projects and publications
If you are interested in a BSc or MSc project, please send an email to Cristina Piazza.
My profile on Google Scholar.