Fundamental Algorithms (CSE) (IN2157)
- Lectures: Debarghya Ghoshdastidar
- Tutorials: Muqsit Azeem , Alexandros Evangelidis, and Kush Grover
- Module IN2157
- Lectures: Tuesday 10-12, 02.07.023, Seminarraum (Inf. 2/5) (5607.02.023) (starting on 25 Oct)
- Tutorials: Friday 14-16, 16-18, 00.13.009A, Seminarraum (5613.EG.009A). Please register explicitly for the Tutorials for Fundamental Algorithms (CSE) (IN2157), if you would like to attend the tutorials.
- Language: English
- Fundamentals: Models of Computation, Complexity Measures
- Sorting: Bubble-Sort, Merge-Sort, Quick-Sort, Median-Algorithms, Lower Bounds, etc.: sorting in parallel
- Searching: Hashing, Search Trees, etc.
- Arithmetic Problems: parallel prefix computation, parallel matrix and vector operations
- Foundations of parallel algorithms and simple models of parallel computation
- Algorithms on (weighted) graphs: traversals, shortest paths, etc.
Literature: Cormen, Leiserson, Rivest, Stein: Introduction to Algorithms. MIT Press.
For parallel algorithms, see Berman, Paul: Algorithms: Sequential, Parallel, and Distributed, or JaJa: Introduction to Parallel Algorithms