Praktikum on 3D Computer Vision
- Slide 1(Current Item)
- Slide 2
This course focuses on different recent topics in 3D computer vision and their application. A first set of (invited) lectures on specific vision problems (such as 3D shapes, point cloud processing, 6D Pose Estimation, Neural Rendering, 3D humans / matching, SLAM) lays the foundation for practical projects carried out by the student. The projects are motivated from real problems and recent research directions from industrial and academic partners. These are addressed by a group of students with support of coaches from both industry and academia. The proposed solutions to the 3D vision topics are finally presented with at an internal workshop. After the course, the student is familiar with selected topics and recent advances in 3D computer vision for which a practical project has been carried out and experience in problem solving in constant exchange with group members and vision experts has been learnt.
The final workshop will take place on February 3rd from 6-10pm in the small auditorium at TranslaTUM.
Praktikum on 3D Computer Vision (IN2106, IN4313)
|Language of instruction||English|
|Position within curricula||See TUMonline|
- 21.10.2022 14:00-16:00 03.13.010, Seminarraum, Introductory talk & Project presentations
- 04.11.2022 14:00-16:00 03.13.010, Seminarraum, Lecture I - 3D CV ML DevEnv
- 18.11.2022 14:00-16:00 03.13.010, Seminarraum, Project KickOffs
- 25.11.2022 14:00-16:00 03.13.010, Seminarraum, Lecture II - 3D Sensing and Representations & Project Updates
- 02.12.2022 14:00-16:00 03.13.010, Seminarraum, Lecture III - SLAM & 3D Reconstruction
- 09.12.2022 14:00-16:00 03.13.010, Seminarraum, Lecture IV - 3D Scene Understanding & Project Update
- 16.12.2022 14:00-16:00 03.13.010, Seminarraum, Mid-term Presentations
- 13.01.2023 14:00-16:00 03.13.010, Seminarraum, Theory Test
- 20.01.2023 14:00-16:00 03.13.010, Seminarraum, Project Updates
- 27.01.2023 14:00-16:00 03.13.010, Seminarraum, Project Updates
- 03.02.2023 18:00-22:00 Externer Ort (siehe Anmerkung), Final Workshop @ Kleines Auditorium of TranslaTUM
- 10.02.2023 14:00-16:00 03.13.010, Seminarraum, Backup
Note: For registration you have to be identified in TUMonline as a student. Please apply for this lab course by following the instructions on the course website. We will select appropriate candidates based on their background, interests, and motivation. For application, please use the provided form, include an up to date score sheet and a paragraph explaining your motivation for applying to this course (300 words max). Students from the informatics faculty also have to register through the common IN.TUM-Matching-System.