Realtime Computer Graphics (IN0038, IN0039)
held by Prof. Dr. Rüdiger Westermann
Both the lecture (IN0038) and the practical (IN0039) will be held in English. Please note that there will be online recordings until on-campus lectures are possible again. Check the course moodle for all information concerning this lecture.
The practical Realtime Computer Graphics IN0039 will be held in groups of 20-25 participants. Each group will be supervised by one tutor. Registration for the tutor groups is via tumonline. Announcements concerning registration, work schedule, and grading will be made via the course moodle.
- Download a Git-Client, we recommend TortoiseGit https://tortoisegit.org/ or GitExtensions https://github.com/gitextensions/gitextensions
- Register at https://tum3d.in.tum.de:80/ged/register.php with your RBG-Username.
The RBG-Username is NOT your TUMonline account. It is a separate account used to access e.g. the "Rechnerhalle" or the online printing service. If you don't have an RBG-Username, see below
- Clone https://tum3d.in.tum.de:80/git/SS20/GED/<username> and https://tum3d.in.tum.de:80/git/SS20/GED/external into the same parent folder, e.g.
C:/local/ged/<username>/ and C:/local/ged/external/
All slides and assignment will be published in the external-repository
- Install Visual Studio (the free Community Edition is sufficient). You need the following components:
- Desktop development with C++ / Desktopentwicklung it C++
- Game development with C++ / Spieleentwicklung it C++
How to get a new RBG account:
- Send a mail to the RBG (email@example.com), they will create a new account for you and inform you by mail.
Technische Universität München
85748 Garching bei München
- The RBG will arrange a time and date for a video conference with you where they will give you the passphrase for your account orally.
Online Tutor Sessions
We use Discord to hold the tutor sessions. Use this link to join the server. https://discord.gg/JHcYstc
All further information is posted on the Discord server.