Mixed Reality Tele-Presence: Technology and Applications in the Medical Domain
Over 30 years ago, researchers already identified the utility of telepresence for supporting medical interventions from afar. With the rise of massively parallel computing architectures, sophisticated AR and VR display devices and modern depth-sensors it is now possible to build high-fidelity telepresence systems that can provide rich context for supporting remote workers. In this seminar, we will cover the basics technologies ranging from 3D real-time reconstruction, network transmission, surface reconstruction, real-time rendering and interaction modalities needed to understand, design and build tele-presence systems that can be used in the medical domain.
The preliminary meeting will be held on Thursday February 3rd at 12:30 via Zoom.
Seminar - Mixed Reality Tele-Presence: Technology and Applications in the Medical Domain (IN0014, IN2107, IN4433)
|Language of instruction||English|
|Position within curricula||See TUMonline|
- 03.02.2022 12:30-13:00 Online: Videokonferenz / Zoom etc., Time: Feb 3, 2022 12:30 PM Amsterdam, Berlin, Rome, Stockholm, Vienna Join Zoom Meeting https://tum-conf.zoom.us/j/61597953702 Meeting ID: 615 9795 3702 Passcode: 198950
- 28.04.2022 12:30-14:30 03.13.010, Seminarraum
- 02.06.2022 12:30-14:00 03.13.010, Seminarraum
- 23.06.2022 12:30-14:30 03.13.010, Seminarraum
- 30.06.2022 12:30-14:30 03.13.010, Seminarraum
- 07.07.2022 12:00-14:30 03.13.010, Seminarraum
- 14.07.2022 12:00-14:30 03.13.010, Seminarraum
Note: For registration you have to be identified in TUMonline as a student. Interested students should attend the introductory meeting.