AI-driven Business Configuration - Data Analysis Pipeline
Advisor(s): Clemens Drieschner & SAP SE
Customizing Parameters determine the target state of S/4HANA / S/4HANA Cloud that is individually required by each customer. The target state represents a combination of solution capabilities that enable and determine the document flow in the S/4HANA system. The document flow represents the business processes of a company.
In this project, a data analysis pipeline for the semantic analysis of text files containing information of customizing parameters used in S/4HANA / S/4HANA Cloud systems shall be developed. The pipeline will contain a tool to extract the data from SAP systems (already implemented) and a model to semantically analyze and cluster the extracted data according to frequently used patterns and similarities. The clusters shall be transformed into semantic categories of commonly used and recognizable business terms, which can later be applied as input for a recommender system.
- Create an overview of eligible state-of-the-art algorithms for such a model of semantic data analysis and clustering. The overview should contain a rating based on their applicability to the data and purpose in question.
- Implement the pipeline consisting of the existing data extraction tool and the most eligible algorithm for the semantic data analysis.
- Test the pipeline in internal SAP systems.
- Expand pipeline for usage in different SAP systems/customer systems.
- High degree of autonomy and individual responsibility
- Good communication and technical skills
- Interest in machine learning and data pipelines
- Experience in SAP S/4HANA and business (software) understanding are beneficial
The thesis can be written in English or German. The start of this thesis is as soon as possible. The thesis is in cooperation with SAP SE. It is possible to get a working student contract at SAP during the thesis. If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Please send your application including our application form, a current transcript of records, and your CV to email@example.com. Please note that we can only consider applications with complete documents.